My Thoughts on the Election

That pretty much sums it up.

I'm so disgustingly sick of hearing about this election.

And I say this every four years, but I think it's worse this year than it has been in the past.
I blame social networking sites.
I'd literally rather hear about what you had for dinner than your dumbass opinion on gay marriage.
No one cares.
Why? Because you're not going to change anyone's mind by posting about religious freedom and  keeping God in our country. What will happen is a ridiculous political debate that will assure your status will stay at the top of my feed for four days straight because people find it necessary to repeat their opinion over and over, in different words. 

It's a vicious cycle and something I want absolutely nothing to do with.
It raises my blood pressure.

Hence, I have about 5 people that actually show up on my feed. 
And, hey - if my posts about KU annoy you or if you don't like my sarcasm, then please, for the love of God, take me off your feed.
I will not blame you.
Odds are if you don't appreciate my hilariousness, we're not real friends anyway.

That being said, I will be at the polls on Tuesday.
I'm not going to tell you who I'm voting for because it's my business and no one else's.
Plus, I don't want to start a debate in the comments.

So it's safe to say that the political posts will not automatically end on Tuesday, but they'll slowly trickle away as will my hatred for society that seems to balloon every four years.

I hope you're all voting, too. If not, I can't really blame you. I'm only doing so to vote "No."
[You will only know what that means if you live in Salina. Or are one of my relatives who have listened to me rant about it.]

Alright, that's it. I'm done.

Comments

Popular Posts