Harry Potter Inspired Nursery

Hey Guys!

Well, here we are...6 months after my daughter was born, and I'm finally getting around to posting nursery photos.

I'm just celebrating that it's getting done at all. Yay for mediocrity.

*ahem*

So anyway, despite me being late to literally everything, blog posts included, I must say that my nursery-decorating badassery only gets better.

Miss Charlotte has some serious digs. One day she'll look back and think to herself, "man, my mom is awesome. And also very humble." That last part is questionable.


The one thing I'm most proud of is the "Charlotte" sign on her blue wall.


I made this BY HAND. I stenciled it out and cut it out with a billion different wood cutting tools that I didn't really know how to use, all while I was 30 weeks pregnant.

Don't worry, my husband was supervising. By that, I mean he was making sure I didn't injure myself and also laughing at me a little bit while I sweat and swore and spent an entire day on something I just as easily could have not done. I plan on doing a separate blog on how I accomplished that; a blog I will need to write when my husband is around to tell me the names of the machines I used.



I also threw together this "flying keys" mobile, based on one of the tasks to get past in Sorcerer's stone. I had seen one on Etsy, but it was WAY more than I could afford, so I just made one for myself.  Coincidentally, I sell them on my Etsy shop.

Stars were bought on Etsy from Wordybirdstudios
Because I love all things DIY, I tried to craft as many projects as I could. I bought this pre-made wood sign from Walmart for less than $10, then painted and added a Harry Potter quote to it. I loved how it turned out!

Gold shelf - Target
 My friends at work threw me an adorable Harry Potter shower, which came with adorable figurines!! I was so excited to display them.
All of the big stuff in her room was second-hand except for the rocking chair. I decided to splurge on myself for that, and it was a god send! It is super comfortable and was fantastic for late night feedings when my husband and I didn't want to wake each other up when it was our turn to feed.
I bought this cute cardboard letter from Hobby Lobby when it was half off and spray painted it to look purdy.

Our sweet girl continues to have an amazing demeanor. She's happy and very watchful; she's constantly checking out what's happening around her (which is usually a lot) and LOVES when her older siblings play with her.

We have an unused rock 'n play in the closet that we fully intended on using, but she surprised us by sleeping in her crib or bassinet from day 1. She slept through the night starting at 3 weeks old. All I can say is, the universe had my back because it knew I couldn't take much more. My Charlotte is everything a baby should be!

Well, that's it for the tour, thanks for stopping by to see it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts