Bowling...

Happy Thursday, everyone! 
Thursday means one thing: It's almost Friday. 
Which means it's almost the weekend. 
And that, my friends, is awesome

I haven't done much of anything this week. No crafts, no cleaning, no laundry....it's been less than productive. At work, however, I am completely caught up. So I have that going for me. And I've worked out every day this week, including returning to step class after a much-too-long absence. It felt great to get back to class and have a good time with the regulars that attend.

This past weekend was very fun. Michelle came to town. Friday night when she arrived, we headed straight to the bowling alley - Kenz, Nick, Michelle, Me & Matty. It was SO much fun!
You might be surprised to know that, despite my abysmal score of 32 and last place [yeah, behind the 10-year-old], I had one heck of a good time. 

Now, in my defense, it has been since about 6th or 7th grade since I've last bowled. It never was one of my favorite sports. I'm not patient enough, nor devoted enough, to figure out the right step sequence or the correct way to throw a 10-pound ball to hit a bunch of pins. 
But it's all in good fun. 

Saturday, I picked up Kenz to head to the Y to shoot some hoops [a sport I don't completely suck at]. Much to our dismay, seemingly every child in Salina was playing basketball at that moment [league teams], so we headed over to Doug & Jo's to play on the wii. 

We played just about every game the wii had to offer; Mariocart, Bowling, Baseball, Golf, Tennis - you name it, we played it. After we were tired of that, we took a walk on the golf course outside. Yes, it was freaking freezing, but we pulled through & got a good run/walk in [can't go wrong]. 

Then there was the KU game. Oh. Em. Gee. [yeah, I said it.]
I am just...well, to say that I'm appalled with our play just doesn't cover it.
But, we pulled out a win, so that's all I cared about.

I did finish up some wreaths last week that I forgot to show you guys....I took the pictures with my camera phone, so my apologies for the lack of picture quality.
I used the red, pink, white & purple yarn I had on hand from my last V-Day wreath [here], and made some felt flowers[here]. The 'valentine' and 'be mine' glittery letters are from HL for a whopping $1.99 a piece!And then I used the glittery red ribbon from HL as the hook.

And, I will end the blog with a picture of my sure-to-be-handsome nephew! :)
Love this little guy!!


Always remember: Rock Chalk, kids.


Comments

Popular Posts