Holy macadamia nut
I can't believe it's already here.
Festival of Trees
I'm not kidding - it feels like we just had our wrap-up meeting last month...
But alas - the time has come.
I'm freakin' out, man.
This year the event holds even more importance to me as I am co-chair.
It's oddly unsettling knowing that the success of said event rests [somewhat] on your shoulders.
I have the next two days off to prepare for the event.
We begin set up tomorrow at the Ramada and finish everything up on Friday.
Friday night the event starts at 6.
I have a considerably saucy dress.
And some fancy shoes.
I'll probably rock the pearls, too [thanks, Grammy. :)]
Many pictures to come.
Last night, I was incredibly anxious for the KU game.
Matt said "we're not going to win. kentucky is ranked number 3."
I replied, appalled, "um, yes we are going to win. because we're awesome."
I'm still standing my ground.
We are awesome.
Come on, we have T-Rob [a.k.a. The Beast, as I like to call him].
But we played like a bunch of 6th graders on the playground.
There was no "team" last night. It was just a bunch of guys trying to get their share of the glory.
We are Kansas.
Just as there is no "i" in team, there sure as hell is no "i" in Kansas.
So get your act together, boys.
My nerves can't take your selfishness.
[i must exclude withey...he kind of rocked it last night]
Anyway, while in the midst of watching the game I wanted to start my latest DIY project. My goal was to have it done by the time everyone visits this weekend.
I got the idea from pinterest. These wreaths are being posted like crazy.
But since I'm a hella-insane KU fan, of course I had to theme mine around my team.
- A ton of Ornaments
- I got mine at Hobby Lobby - they were having 50% off sale on all Christmas Items [score!]
- Foam Wreath
- Ribbon [take my word for it; you'll need more than you think. get 2 rolls just to be safe]
- Silver-metallic Paint
I started by wrapping the entire wreath in blue ribbon.
And then I ran out halfway through.
So I thought some red ribbon I had lying around would suffice.
Cue another trip to HL.
See? That looks much less dumb.
Then, I just started gluing.
And I got pretty good at it.
In the midst of all of this, I painted the letters I found at HL.
They were an ugly gold color that was just not working.
It look 4 coats. Not sure if there was an easier way to do this [sanding it first probably would've helped], but it got done.
When the layers were semi-dry, I sprayed the crap out of them with spray glitter
[you can never have enough glitter].
The gluing of the bulbs was quite the task. It took a couple of hours. I was doddling a little, but for the most part I felt like I was being pretty efficient.
I glued a ribbon on there to make it extra cute.
I could have googled how to make a fancy bow,
but I'm not a fancy person.
So I made a regular-old bow and glued it on.
I used the same blue ribbon as the "hanger" and voila!
I still have to add the KU letters [the 4 layers of paint were still drying by the time I went to bed] so I will post a picture with those attached as well.
Anyway, that's my Martha post for the day!
Hope you all are having a great week and I will update as soon as I get a second to breathe.