FRIDAY

In the spirit of Friday, I thought I would write a quick blog. Lucky you!

Top news story: I picked my "Little" with Big Brothers Big Sisters!!!! Her name is McKenzie &she's 9. She likes playing outside & being active, and likes to swim. I think we're going to get along very well! Next Thursday I'm meeting with her & her grandma and then I'm going to take her to the park or something so we can get to know each other (and maybe some FroYo).

Movie Review: I never did a movie review for Bridesmaids. This was a fail on my part. So here it is.

12 out of 10. 
Yes, people, you read right. I'm going to put this into perspective for you: this movie was better than The Hangover (doesn't apply to Hangover 2, I have yet to see it).
Yeah, that's right. I said it.  
BETTER.
[I posted a lot of videos, but they're just clips; they won't ruin anything - and the last one is a must-watch. I think it summarizes it in the best way]
Reason 1: Kristin Wiig. (pronounced Weeg, I believe?) If that isn't a reason, I don't even know what is. She is awkward, gorgeous, hilarious, and all-around disgusting. Seriously, the funniest female actor there is right now. I am not exaggerating. The story is centered around her, which I was unaware of based on the commercials I had seen, but it made the story that much better.

Reason 2: The bridesmaids. Okay, mainly Melissa McCarthy. There's a scene that she rocked (which may or may not turn your stomach. But it's worth it). But that's just one scene. Any other scene she's in, you can't help but keep your eyes glued on her, waiting for her next hysterical comment. Seriously, my eyes water (laughter-crying, of course) just thinking about some of the scenes she was in.

 
Reason 3: The men. Chris O'Dowd. Yum. I had a soft spot for him before seeing the movie because he was on Conan and, well...I love Conan. And he was hilarious, both in the movie & on Conan.
John Hamm doesn't get a picture because he was a oober-ass in that movie. And yeah, I know it's just a character, but I totally don't like John Hamm now.
But even those three reasons don't give it justice. Even after all of that awesomeness, there was so much more that made it hilarious.
Long story short (though by now, I think it's too late for that..) you HAVE to see this movie.Warning: don't take the kids. [it's a little too grown-up for kids]
And if you don't like laughing at movies, don't go to this one. You WILL laugh at this movie.


Okay, moving on. Today, I am headed to Topeka again to hang out with Drew for the weekend. And also - I get to baby-sit Liam tonight!!! Hooooray! I have been looking forward to it all week. So we're all just going to hang out; maybe play some rock band. Who knows. We'll play it by ear because we're crazy like that.

I had a fantastic time last weekend. So MUCH FUN with friends and family!! I'm going to steal some of Emmie's pictures to show you from the Bachelorette Party & Shower. (hope you don't mind, Emmie!)




And I don't have the pictures from Megh's graduation, but they're on Mom & Dad's camera. If they didn't take it to Alaska, I will add them this weekend, otherwise, I'll get them up at some point!

I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!!

Rock Chalk & Lots of love
~Mal

Comments

Popular Posts