Luau Weekend

As most of you probably know - this weekend was Megh & Adam's couple's shower. 
It kind of snuck up on me. I was caught off guard by the fact that it was already the middle of June.
But I somehow managed to pull it off. With the help of many, many, people of course. 
First and foremost - my mother. Without whom I would have gone crazy. That, or the shower would have been one giant cluster.
And the bridesmaids? Holy cow. AMAZING. They all helped, kept me sane, etc. Couldn't have done it without them.
Our family. Who we invited to have a good time at a party, and they ended up helping with the occasion [because they're awesome like that. ;)]
And our stinkin' friends. They helped too! It's like - seriously people, you don't all have to be so nice! I invited you, remember?! 
*Grounded* once again

Pictures compliments of Ness
Who wouldn't be this excited about a can opener?
Reading together

 
This is my favorite from the night - it epitomizes Megh & Adam.

And then it was all over. I had successfully planned a shower for 70+ people. 
Whew. 
Immediately following, I went home, sat on a chair & had a beverage, defeated & ready for bed.
Fast Forward to Saturday --->

Woke up late. Took the dog for a run. Went shopping for a swimsuit.
S W I M M I N G
Relaxing
Re-cooperating

It was glorious


And then Sunday rolled around and we had to go to Freestate [of course]. But it worked out because it was Poppi's Day & we all had to get together to eat anyway. And eat we did.
I was SO tired on the way home that I had to have the air at the "Low" setting & blowing directly into my face and a monster energy drink as my companion.

When I finally got home, I took Kenzie to the pool for the first time this summer. Our waterpark [built last year] is freaking amazing! It has a lazy river, wave pool, tons of slides, a toilet bowl slide and a lap pool. 

We had a grand time. The pool closed at 6, so we were only there for an hour and a half, but I think that was plenty of time. I was exhausted! 

After I was done there, I thought about working out, but then I didn't. I literally had no spare energy left in my body. So I sat. On the couch. And it was grand.

That is all I have to report. Sorry for the lack of shower pictures; I was so busy tending to things that I sort of..well, forgot. Hopefully some will surface on Facebook and I will post them here.

Have a fantastic week. Let's all try to survive Monday.

Mal

Comments

Popular Posts