Project 365

Alright, so I've decided to start a new project. I'm the type of person who gets really excited about something and continues it for a month or two and then fizzles out, but I'm going to give this a good shot.

Since we have recently fulfilled my husband's longstanding desire to become a business owner and my hobbies have since taken a backseat, I've decided to take this year to refocus on one of my favorite things: Photography.

I have the fancy camera, I have the knowledge of how to work it, and I have some experience. But I also have a lot to learn. It is my dream to one day be a stay-at-home mom with a photography business on the side. I've always had a passion for photography and capturing everyday moments.

So, as many other photographers have done before, I'm taking the next 365 days to learn from myself, people around me, and from trial and error. I have a lot of specific things I would like to learn more about and I intend to do so with tutorials, books,  and maybe even a few photography classes.

The goal with Project 365 is to take a photo a day for a year; it doesn't have to be perfect, the composition doesn't have to be exact, it can even be with your phone camera [though I'm going to try to avoid this, sometimes you don't have another choice]. I'm going to be patient with myself if I can't get a photo every single day [because sometimes life just gets in the way], but I'm going to try my hardest! I think this will be a fantastic learning experience and I will at least get some great photos for a year! I probably won't share them all because they probably all won't be noteworthy, but I'll share my favorites when I can.

For my first photo, a candid of my daughter.
Her dad's eyes, ears, lips and nose, but she might have my hair color.

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season. We certainly did, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad it was over! ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts