16 weeks and counting

This Thursday marks 16 weeks for me and Sprout. We're close to the half-way point! This is both exciting and extremely terrifying. We have yet to get the crib, a dresser and....you know what? We haven't gotten jack. Save for a plethora of onesies from adoring family members. And my mom brought an elephant this weekend that is SO soft, I'm contemplating just keep it for myself. 

The second trimester has treated me very well thus far. I have had no nausea [except for the rare occasions when I accidentally take a bite of something I didn't realize sounded horrible] and the migraines will stay away if I get adequate sleep and eat enough. 

Our last appointment went very well. For some reason I thought I was going to get a "pelvic" exam every time I had an appointment. I have been pleasantly surprised thus far that is not the case. Though I'm used to them from all of our trouble before, it's still never pleasant. If anyone ever tells you it is, they are freaking weirdos and you should walk away from them immediately. 
Better yet, run.
RUN away immediately.

I got this in the mail today!

Though I fear I'm not going to be able to figure out how to wear it. Or worse, how to put my kid in it.
Eh, we'll figure it out when the time comes. Small details.
Plus, it was free. Can't beat free.

We had a busy weekend with the garage sale and a trip to the public pool [yikes], but I'm glad to have it over with! My parents came down to help, and I'm confident I wouldn't have gotten it done without them. Plus, while we were outside selling some junk, Mom insisted on cleaning my house! Yes, I'm spoiled. I know. It was so nice to be able to just lay around the rest of the day and not have to worry about cleaning.

Sunday we were bored so we decided to go to the public pool. Our pool was rebuilt a couple years ago into an amazing area for kids to hang out.
And adults.
And babies.
And old people.

I say this specifically because it felt like the entire population of Salina was there on Sunday.
I thought, eh, it'll probably be less busy since it's Father's Day.
Nope. Not even close.

We sat in the lazy river for close to an hour and soon, my nerves had gotten the best of me and I was SO done. Kids knocking into you, people blocking the way with their flock of tubes; it was all incredibly annoying. I was like the old man who yells at kids to get off their grass! Except I didn't actually say anything out loud. I just scoffed a lot.

My tweet later that day really said it all.

TWO WEEKS until our next sono! Yeeeeah!
Meanwhile, I swear I can feel Sprout dancing around in there. It's more like popcorn popping in my gut, but it's awesome none the less. 

Comments

Popular Posts