Sob Story

These pregnancy hormones are a real bitch, I'll tell you that right now.

They have officially turned me into a girl. 
A whiny, cry-y, all sentimental type of chick.

It's very annoying.

The latest happenings in my life haven't helped much, to be perfectly honest.
My baby brother graduated high school.
 It literally took every ounce of effort I could muster to not sob uncontrollably when he walked that stage.
 Well, him and all of these dudes, too. 

*le sigh*
And just when I get home and have a day to gather my thoughts and attempt to control my unearthly emotions, THIS happens.
Yes, my little sis turned 12.

Yikes.
Eek!
Holy balls. 
[^all of the above]

But let's not just attribute this erratic behavior to important life events.
No, no.
That's not how this works.

I reserve the right to drop fresh elephant tears at any heart-tugging video, photograph, or internet story [true or not]. 
Mainly if it involves children.

For instance, yesterday Matt decided to turn on Juno in the basement. This was approved by me, mainly because I adore that movie and Ellen Page equally. 
Little did I know that apparently my emotions would get the best of me and I would literally cry through the entire last ten minutes of the movie. We're talkin' gigantic tears rollin' down the cheeks, nose stuffed up to the point of barely being able to breathe, staring at my husband in the lazy boy, appreciating the fact that he had fallen asleep mid-movie. Because if he would've witnessed this scene, I'm sure a trip to the loony bin would've been in my future. 

Fortunately, we canceled cable a couple months ago, so I will no longer be subjected to those GD Sara McLachlan commercials. God knows I would be a hot mess if that were the case. 

Today, I have a short day [thanks, boss]. I hope to get  few things done on my to-do list that I happily ignored the entire weekend. I did, however, start Sprout's Smashbook [thanks Auntie Megh!], so at least I got one thing accomplished. 

Matt's going to take my 12-week pictures this week. We haven't taken any since 8 weeks, but frankly I don't think there's much of a difference in my gut. ;) I'll post as soon as I get around to editing them. 

Lots of love, all. Glad you're along for this sure-to-be interesting ride with me.

Comments

Popular Posts