The list: #17

It's been a very long while since I've posted from "the list."
So here's a new one for you!

 
 17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

There are a lot of things I wish I were better at. Many of them revolve around my thinking, how I react to different situations, etc.
I occasionally regret that I didn't pursue music more. Or that I didn't think harder about what major I wanted in college. Or that I didn't figure out what I actually loved doing until I was 24. 

People always say "it's never too late."
I disagree. 

Sometimes, it is too late.
Sometimes you have to live with the consequences of your actions.
Every day I have to live with the fact that I didn't put two and two together that I really loved working with computers, and I also loved art.
All forms of art - singing, piano, dance, painting, photography, and drawing.
Hey...maybe you should've done something in graphic design? Or teach voice lessons?
Or maybe BOTH?

I suppose, then, that I wish I were great at....
deciding.

I wish I could decide...
..what's good for me and what's bad. 
..who to keep in touch with and who to let go.
..when to say yes, and when to say no.
..where to go.
..how to take care of myself
..why it's all worth it.

Because then I would have all the answers, right?
I would have unlocked the secret to life.
Why I'm here, what to do when I figure it out, and where to go from there.

But let's face it, that's not possible.
So for now, I'm going to stick to the easy stuff.
Like....what I'm going to eat for lunch.

Seems like a step in the right direction.
I'll let you know when I figure the rest out. ;)

 


Comments

Popular Posts