Labor day & packing

 Hello all!
Well, here we are - mid week already! Crazy sauce.

This past weekend was..well, it was busy.

Friday night, M&N came over and we may or may not have had a pizza & beer party.
We're not disclosing any further information.

Saturday morning, I woke up early for yoga.
[yes, 8 a.m. on a Saturday is considered early in my book]
After, I made a trip to the office to do some last minute month end stuff. Next stop was the grocery store, and then home to make brownies, pasta salad, and pack for Top-city.

 Quite a busy morning, if I do say so myself.
We left for Topeka late because my darling hubby was taking his sweet, sweet time.
*huffs*

When we got there, the dudes took off to practice their shooting
['Merica!]
and the girls went shopping.

And when we got home, there was some swimming...
turns out I have the world's cutest nephew.
Kenz, playing PIG with ma.
nom nom...hand.

And then a whole lot of eating & staying up late. 

We left early Sunday morning so I could get home and start packing.
[oh joy!]

I got the office packed & Monday I only worked half a day and got home to organize the storage rooms in the basement. 

I threw a lot of crap away. 
I tend to be a hoarder.
Not in the sense that I should have my own TV show, but I do save a lot of extra junk that I shouldn't.
For instance, I found a bunch of old diaries in a drawer downstairs.
Talk about entertaining.
I got distracted reading my "teenage woes" for a half hour during the cleaning process.

Totally worth it.

Last night I went to the new house to measure for new appliances.
We get to take our fancy fridge from our house now, so we decided to replace the other three appliances to go to all-black. Right now they're all white and...well, I've just gotten used to the pretty black appliances.

Anyway, so I got to take a second look around at everything, which was splendid.
Last time we were there for 10 minutes, and I forgot to even look at our closet in the master.
Rookie mistake.
I also measured the master to make sure our bed/side tables would fit. 
They will, but just barely [whew!]. 

We also helped Michelle move in this weekend. She's slowly getting most of her stuff moved in. The house looks ah-mazing. We painted all of the walls & the trim white in most of the rooms. I say "we" but I didn't do a whole heck of a lot.

I'll post pics when everything's in - it's pretty sweet!

Our closing date was moved up to Oct. 22nd. Sarz's wedding is Oct. 20th. We take possession of our new house on the 16th (hopefully sooner). So we're going to be gone that weekend before we close. Which is terrifying, but we'll figure it out. 

Alright, I need to wrap this up, it's getting lengthy.
I hope you all had a spectacular Labor day weekend!

rock chalk!

Comments

Popular Posts