Thirsty Thursday [for water, anyway]

Hey Kids.
After my debbie-downer post yesterday, I wanted to share some positivity with you! 
[who knew?]
 
Last night, my night was booked.
 
I had already told Kenz that I would take her to play basketball. So after work I picked her up and we went to the Y to shoot a few hoops for 45 minutes or so. 
 
After that, I went home and filled out pre-qual papers for our mortgage. 
Let me tell you, folks...there's nothing more exciting than doing that.
[sense the sarcasm]

Then I had to leave to go to choir practice. We've been on hiatus since around May, so it was nice to get to sing with a group again.

I called ma on the way home and chatted with her about the disaster week her and I have both had. There's no better medicine than sharing a whining session with your mother. 
Granted, her problems were waaaay worse than mine, so I felt like a nincompoop complaining at all

And when I finally got home, I convinced myself to go for a run.

It was rough, I'll tell you that.
But I got through it. I ran a mile, with around a quarter a mile on top of that with warm-ups and cool-downs. Overall, for my first run in a long time, it didn't go too bad. 

I finished the night off with letter-painting and 2 advil PM's at 9 to force myself to go to sleep early.

But before I hit the sack, I packed my bag for yoga the next day.
I convinced myself [as I have many times before] that I was going to get my ass up at 5:50 and go to yoga at the Y.  I'm not going to lie, that devil in my head was shaking its nasty-red head, assuring me that I wouldn't, but boy did I prove his cranky-butt wrong.

I set my alarm [it hurt a little] for 5:50 and don't even remember falling asleep.
What felt like 2 minutes later, I was waking up to the most annoying sound in the world:
my alarm.
Oh boy.

First thought:
"Turn that effing thing off and go back to sleep for another hour."

Second though, 20 seconds later:
"Oh, just get up already."

I got up.
At 5:50.
[and 20 seconds]

Now, if any of you know me, you know what a feat this is for me.
I'm not a morning person.
Heck, I'm not a mid-morning person.
It's noon before I'm able to communicate amicably with the human race.

I put on my yoga clothes, grabbed my bag, and headed out the door.
I was under the impression that class started at 6:20, but still had this nagging fear that I would get there and the time will have changed.
When I got there and saw "the burn" on the door, I freaked a little.
I opened the door, saw the lights on, and knew yoga certainly wasn't what was happening.

Luckily, I had just gotten the time wrong and it started at 6:30. 
WHEW! 

After class started, it was relaxation-central.
God, I love yoga.

And after it was over, the instructor came up to me and introduced herself;
"Hi, I'm Carol!"
"Hi, I'm Mallory." [still waking up]
"You must've done yoga before, right?"
"Once or twice. I love it, I just have to force myself to actually wake up to get here."

 Moral of the story: My day was made when the instructor thought I was good enough to have practiced yoga frequently,
I dragged myself out of bed when I really didn't want to,
and I'm one day closer to forming a habit.
  
My gal pal, Sarah, commented on the link I posted on FB yesterday to this post. 
She's always been one to tell it like it is, which is why I love her. Here's what she suggested:
"They say it takes 18-21 days to make a habit, so grab a calendar, mark day 18 and stick to it. not only will you see what your willpower can do, but the pounds will start to shed and it will feel wierd not going to the gym for an hour. 18 days! Remember those guys that survived on a fishing boat for 52 days in the middle of the ocean without food or water? i reason if they can survive, i can spend 18 days working out hardcore, eating healthy, and building a sustainable habit. stop boo-hooing and DO IT! :) ps- don't cut out alcohol, none of us can sanely do that.."

 I've read that before, about forming a habit. Before when I started a workout routine, I was so excited about it I didn't need to focus on counting days to form a habit. But I think at this point it's kind of necessary. There are too many things going in my life, it's easy for me to lose focus on the goals I have that are truly necessary for me to succeed.

Plus, I really enjoyed her ending line. 
I couldn't agree more.

 Here's to a happy & healthy day, folks.


Comments

  1. I love this. I'm a new follower! I'm on day 24 of a healthier-eating cleanse and it's definitely getting easier and easier every day. :) I blog about it here if you need some motivation/someone to complain about it with! haha http://mackensieg.blogspot.com/

    xo

    MacKensie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts