The List: #16

Back to the list -

16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

1. Graduating
Elementary, Jr. High, High School, and College. All of these were moments of great pride for me, because....well, I made it. I came out with good grades & proved to myself that school was, in fact, important [who knew?].
Though, I still say that trig isn't something I use in every day life. So boo-yah, trig teacher. I was right.

2. Making Honor Choir
Seems insiginificant, but I made honor choir when I was in fifth grade and my passion for singing escalated from there. I made honor choir every year that I auditioned after that [when I wasn't too lazy to learn the songs]. It's state-wide, so it's kind of a big deal.
And those concerts? Holy melody, were those amazing! It's probably just the dorky choir-girl in me, but I was astounded by how great we sounded [meanwhile, the parents in the audience were straining to find their children in the crowd while fighting off the urge to fall asleep].

3. Surviving Festival of Trees
Don't get me wrong, I love participating in such a great cause, but it's a ton of work. And I don't even come close to doing half the stuff that the employees at DVACK do. I can't imagine how stressed they get. Alas, I'm ready to do it again this year. I'm planning ahead so I don't have to do it all the week of, so hopefully that will relieve the stress that I've felt in years past.

4. Buying our first house
Here we are, going on buying our third house.....but buying the first one was a huge deal. You're basically signing your soul away [and your first born] to a bank. But out of it, you get your first house - memories are born here. Your first ugly countertops, nosy neighbors, and those brilliant years of actually caring what your flower beds look like.  
Ahhhhh...memories.

5. Growing up
I'm not all the way there, but I feel like throughout all the home-buying, graduating, moving, driving, crying, fighting, laughing, de-friending, running, singing, and everything in between these last few years, I have grown. You can't not grow. Life experience is, by leaps and bounds, much greater of a learning experience than any education can give you [in my humble opinion]. Granted, you won't get very far without a formal education, your true self grows not by what you read in a text book, but by what you experience in the real world. Believe me, it's not at all as I pictured it.
But I'd do it all over again. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts