Fourth of July

 Happy [belated] 4th of July!

I've said before that Halloween is my favorite holiday
but I'm retracting that statement and saying that there's a tie;
July 4th is without a doubt my other favorite.
It's the one holiday that requires no additional work other than going out and buying fireworks
[which is not necessarily required, but if you want to have fun they're kind of a must-have]
and eating all-American food.
Which we, of course, had a ton of. 
We broke-in the pool at my parent's new crib all afternoon long. 
 Max got more than his fair share of love.

 
 

 Not to mention, he got his sea legs in a super-manly pink blow up whale pool.
Adam: Why, dear God, WHY is it pink?!
Megh: Well...some whales are pink!
Adam: I'm not a whale expert, but I have never known whales to be pink.
 And we finished off the amazing day by blowing stuff up to celebrate America's birthday. 
I totally suck at night shots, whether it be indoor or outdoor
and I'm too stubbourn to shoot in auto mode or with a flash.
This makes getting good pictures tricky.

I managed to catch a few [a total of 4] that weren't disgusting,
the one above being my favorite.

I have a bit of a Sangria -slash- heat headache this morning, but it was all totally worth it. 

I'm not one to shout from the rooftops
I LOVE AMERICA!
But I can't imagine living in a better country.
[okay, France would be pretty awesome]

So happy birthday, America.

And thanks for my
"..certain unalienable Rights, that among these are
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Comments

  1. It definitely was, DuAnn! Hope you guys had a great 4th, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I don't think whales are pink. I was trying to get him to be quiet about it. As you know, it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I know, sister. It was a hilarious conversation to witness.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts