Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

 Happy [belated] 4th of July!

I've said before that Halloween is my favorite holiday
but I'm retracting that statement and saying that there's a tie;
July 4th is without a doubt my other favorite.
It's the one holiday that requires no additional work other than going out and buying fireworks
[which is not necessarily required, but if you want to have fun they're kind of a must-have]
and eating all-American food.
Which we, of course, had a ton of. 
We broke-in the pool at my parent's new crib all afternoon long. 
 Max got more than his fair share of love.

 
 

 Not to mention, he got his sea legs in a super-manly pink blow up whale pool.
Adam: Why, dear God, WHY is it pink?!
Megh: Well...some whales are pink!
Adam: I'm not a whale expert, but I have never known whales to be pink.
 And we finished off the amazing day by blowing stuff up to celebrate America's birthday. 
I totally suck at night shots, whether it be indoor or outdoor
and I'm too stubbourn to shoot in auto mode or with a flash.
This makes getting good pictures tricky.

I managed to catch a few [a total of 4] that weren't disgusting,
the one above being my favorite.

I have a bit of a Sangria -slash- heat headache this morning, but it was all totally worth it. 

I'm not one to shout from the rooftops
I LOVE AMERICA!
But I can't imagine living in a better country.
[okay, France would be pretty awesome]

So happy birthday, America.

And thanks for my
"..certain unalienable Rights, that among these are
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely was, DuAnn! Hope you guys had a great 4th, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I don't think whales are pink. I was trying to get him to be quiet about it. As you know, it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I know, sister. It was a hilarious conversation to witness.

      Delete

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.