The List: #12

12. Describe a typical day in your current life.

Warning: Prepare to be bored

7:00 am - Alarm clock on my phone goes off. My phone's sitting right beside my left ear [yeah, I have to sleep on my stomach] on my nightstand that is littered with books I may or may not read, a lamp that I constantly knock over, cup rings, a TV remote, and reading glasses [because I'm old].
7:10 am - Alarm clock goes off again. I hit snooze last time.
7:20 am - "
7:30 am - "
7:32 am - After collecting my thoughts, checking my phone only to find out that absolutely nothing has happened overnight, and deciding that I should probably get up, I head to the bathroom to get ready.
Straighten hair [it looks like I got attacked over night]
Brush teeth
Spray on [too much] moonlight path
-you get the idea
7:50 am - realize that I'm going to be late to work, but fill up my 32 oz water anyway. Let the dog out.
7:52 am - Get all of my crap out to the car.
7:54 am - actually leave for work
8:03 am - arrive at work. Late again..
8:00 - 11:45 am - Work shenanigans which may or may not include the following:
payroll
bills
opening mail
operating reports
design store signage
answer phones
check answering machine
sort merchandise
order merchandise
deal with angry customers
pinterest
the chive
the berry
facebook
stumble upon
11:45-1 pm - work at Matt's store for lunch. The manager running the shift decides what they want me to do: present [handing food out the drive thru window], running [bagging up food/putting food on trays for front counter], fries [self explanatory], or leaving early because it's too slow and I'm bored and/or in the way.
1:05 pm - walk back to the office, eat lunch.
1:30-4 pm - more work shenanigans. 
Depending on the day, I go to great life or the Y to work out.
5:40 pm - get home from work and realize I am way too tired to care about dinner.
6:00 pm - Matt asks me what we're having for dinner. I reply angrily that I don't know, nor do I care.
This isn't always the case, but I haven't been terribly prepared as of late, so that's pretty much been the situation.
7:00 pm - turn on Friends, finally decide to make dinner, and proceed to laugh loudly at an episode that I've seen approximately 105 times already whilst cooking.
8:00 pm - muster up the strength to shower
9:00 pm - watch shows on the DVR or read or play on the iPad or craft or play cards.
11:00 pm - sleep.

Rinse & repeat.

Comments

Popular Posts