DIY: Tutu

Alright, so I've been a crafting fool lately.
Though it really hasn't shown through on my blog.

And still some of them I can't share with you just yet.

I decided to make a tutu. I found this idea on pinterest [of course] and have wanted to try it for quite some time, but didn't really have a need, especially since I found out I'm going to be blessed with a nephew, not a niece. :)

But, I tried it anyway because HL had their tulle on sale and I couldn't pass it up.
I found this great blue sparkly tulle, and I already had the roll of red from a prom dress my senior year [I know...how in the world did that tulle make it through like 10 moves?]

I started off using just ribbon as the band, but then I figured that wouldn't work at all because there was no margin for error. So I basically had to restart with elastic. But this way a little one can wear it for a lot longer.

I cut my tulle in sections, no particular length. If it was too long when I tied it on, I would cut it. If it was too short, then oh well. I think it's better if they're different lengths anyway. Gives the tutu more of a crazy look.
 And I made a rainbow colored one, too.

The Jayhawk one is nowhere near finished. I dragged that ribbon out of a dark corner of my house and there just wasn't enough of it, so it looks weird and disproportionate. I've got some ribbon on order & will replace the white ribbon with the one I have coming in. I also ordered some K-State ribbon so I'll be making one of those, too [because let's face it; if I want to sell this stuff, Salina is a K-State town. Ugh]

I've listed the rainbow one on Etsy, so if you know of anyone who would be interested, give them this link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/90435486/rainbow-tutu

I'll have the KU one up there as soon as I get that ribbon in and finish it up.

Anyway, I have a couple other projects, one of which I'm super excited about, to show you, but I'm giving those to people this weekend, so they will have to wait.

Until then, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Rock Chalk!

Comments

Popular Posts