I read the news today, old boy..

Well, I think it's safe to say that today has been a complete cluster.

Things I was supposed to do today:
Month end
Payroll
Orientations

Things I actually did today:
Some month end stuff
One orientation
Reformatted my computer's hard drive
Screwed around with Quickbooks for four hours

I've been less than productive thanks to the GD virus that attacked my computer last week.
Alas, I have figured everything out. And, thanks to a great suggestion from Nicka, I am now prepared in the event of another attack. (bring it on, Win7 Virus! I will gut you like a fish.)

As soon as the day from hell is over-with, it will be Tuesday, and therefore one day closer to Friday.

Let's back up a couple of days and I will tell you about my [not-so] spectacularly exciting weekend.

Prepare yourself.
Sure you're ready?




I did nothing.

Yeah, I said it.

Nothing.

And it was glorious.

Well, I did some stuff. Like cleaning. And rearranging wall hangings. And laundry. All things that I don't typically enjoy doing, but for once I was glad I could stay home and do.




Friday night, Matt & I went over to Doug & Jo's to help them move some more. Saturday I did all of the aforementioned tasks. And Sunday, we had company from Topeka for Liam's first birthday.
The party was so much fun!

I'm pretty sure Liam had no idea what was going on, but we all enjoyed ourselves.











And that's pretty much it.
It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have that nagging thought in the back of your mind of what you have to do next. You just..do stuff. Not worry about how fast to get it done, or how well you're doing it. It's an incredibly refreshing feeling.

We have watched a lot of movies lately; namely Source Code & The Adjustment Bureau. Two very delightful movies. I would recommend them both.



Alright, that's all I've got for now. I'm off to run off some of the disaster that was this day.

Have a spectacular rest of your day!

rock chalk -i-can't-wait-for-football-season-to-be-over-so-basketball-will-be-here- jayhawk!

Comments

Popular Posts