Hey!

i put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right..

I don't need new shoes.

Kenz looked at our shoe rack the other day
[which my shoes currently occupy 90% of]
and said "wow...that's a lot of shoes!"

Nothing like a child to tell you like it is.

I have too many shoes.
But I want these shoes.
<------


I was fake school shopping [because I miss school shopping & the innocence of childhood in general] and found these gems on ae.com. Again, don't need 'em. Just want 'em.

Terrible story, but I don't have a lot going on right now, so it's the best I've got.

Moving on -

This weekend I traveled to Topeka for this marvelous man:

What a fantastic show.
Jared was amazing.

And I'm positive I was the proudest friend ever.
Like, of all time.

You can read an article about the show here.



I came home Saturday because I wanted to wake up Sunday, minus the obligation of driving 2 hours to get home.
This was a grade-A decision on my part.

I slept in on Sunday [magical], did some housework [not-so magical], & picked up Kenz to hang out.

I did her nails [so she would look fancy for the 1st day of school], & we ate at Freddy's Frozen Custard. It was delish.

Then - kickball.
Dun-dun-DUN.

We got our butt's handed to us.
But we all still managed to have a ball.
[pun intended]

There was a lot of giggling & making fun of our terribleness.
So it was all worth it.

Afterwards, we went home and did a lot more of nothing.

And this week has been even less eventful. I might be comparing my week to that of my sister & brother-in-law's [who are currently on a cruise in Mexico. Ugh] which is unfair. Nothing I could do in this town could compare to being on a cruise. Ever.
So, I'll settle for an average week.

Festival of Trees has kept me somewhat busy. We're sending out save the dates & donor letters, so I've been stamping, labeling, and putting together that stuff before our meeting tomorrow. It's surprising how little you get done when it's just one person doing it. I didn't get as far as I wanted, but I figure doing a little bit is better than nothing at all. We'll get more done tomorrow; I'm feeling rather productive.

And this weekend will be another quiet weekend! Saturday night I'm baby-sitting my favorite little ones & I am very much looking forward to it.


2,3,3 mile runs tonight, tomorrow, & Friday
4-mile run Saturday morning
=15 miles this week

No - those aren't my ankles, in case you were wondering.

Though I'm sure I could be an ankle-double for this person.

Feel free to chuckle at my expense - that was a joke.





That is all I have to "report". I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week.

Stay classy, bloggers.

Mal

Comments

Popular Posts