Two Thumbs Up; Movie Reviews

I've been slacking on my blogs. My bad. And I also haven't posted movie reviews in months. Below are a ton of them. Some old, some new, but odds are whoever is reading this hasn't seen them all. And if you have, then kudos. You're up-to-date on the movie front.

The Town
****
4 Stars
This was kind of intense. And I watched it on a plane. Can we say anxiety attack? Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty action-packed. So if you're into that kind of thing, you'll love it. Well, you'll love it regardless because Ben Affleck is a badass in it, and there is never a dull moment. They somehow managed to tie a love-story in there, too, yet it was the furthest from a chick-flick that a movie could be. Good stuff.


Killers
***.*
3.5 stars
Cheeky, funny, and chick-flicky. But Ashton Kutcher is awesome and Katherine Heigel rocks as always. Hilarious and light-hearted.
Date Night
*****
5 Stars
Seriously, Steve Carrell & Tina Fey? You literally cannot have a better pair. I freakin' loved this movie. Tina Fey cracked me UP. Favorite quote from this flick, compliments of Tina Fey:
"Everything you're doing right now I'm doing in heels. I just want you to think about that."

Toy Story 3
******
6 Stars
Okay, so I know the scale only goes up to 5 stars, but this one gets a bonus star.
I suppose this movie had a deeper meaning for me because I grew up with Toy Story and was quite literally obsessed with the films. So when I watched this one, it was to be expected for me to love it.
I cried, people, I'm not gonna lie. Like full-blown elephant tears at the end. And not because it was so incredibly sad [which it was, a little], but because I felt like it was the end of an era. That got me.
Alright, now that I've told you my life "Toy Story" style, I will end it with this: watch it. Seriously.
Eat Pray Love
****
4 Stars
Julia Roberts is probably my 2nd favorite actress [after Jen Aniston, of course]. So I loved this movie partly because she was in it. My sis would hate this movie. It would be too slow and girly for her. But I loved it, because I love slow, girly movies.
It has a wonderful storyline & takes you on a journey across the globe. Can't go wrong there. I want to read the book next.
Ticking Clock
***
3 Stars

I watched this on a plane, too. What is it with watching thrillers on a plane?
This one was weird. But it was good and it has one of those endings where you have an "ah-ha!" moment. That's always nice.
I wouldn't move it to the top of your cue, but it's worth paying a buck at the RedBox.
Dinner for Schmucks
****
4 Stars
It only got 4 stars from me because it was a Steve Carrell role that was painful to watch. Not because he's a bad actor, but because he's just that good that he can make you want to leave the room from the pure awkwardness.
But Paul Rudd [KU Fan & all-around cool guy] being in it counteracts the awkward as well as bringing a little "yummy" to the screen. Gotta love it.
Hilarious. Witty. A Little Weird.
All good things.
Easy A
****.*
4.5 Stars
I love Emma Stone because I feel like she truly understands sarcasm and uses it in the most brilliant of ways.
I LOVED this movie mostly because it was filled with such sarcasm & there were some really great actors/actresses involved.
Cool story & lots of laughs.

The Social Network
*****
5 Stars

You may not have heard of this one before, so I'll explain it.
It's about this dorky guy who [apparently] is a jackass. One night he gets wasted on cheap beer, comes up with a brilliant idea and later becomes a ba-jillionaire.
It's called Facebook.
Okay, now that you're caught up on that, on to the movie.
Amazing. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Jesse Eisenberg kill this role.
He rocked the Zuckerberg, for sure.
Must-see.
Inception
No Stars.
I have yet to be able to sit through this movie.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
***
3 Stars
I only gave it 3 stars because it was really long. But it was intriguing and had a great story.
You kind of need to set aside a couple of hours to watch this and give it your full attention so that you don't miss a detail, but if you have time in your schedule to do that, you won't regret it.
Gooood stuff.
The Switch
*****
5 Stars

Jason Bateman is definitely in the top 5 of my favorite actors. He's dorky in this movie, but he pulls it off. And then, we have Jennifer Aniston who can never do wrong in my opinion. Put 'em together and what have you got? Fantastic flick.
We watched this one last night and it's definitely one of my favorites I'm writing about on this lovely Sunday afternoon.
Long story short; rent this movie. Immediately.


Comments

  1. Thanks Mal for the movie updates...I was wondering about a couple of them, so dad and I will give them a try. As for Switch its not out until 3/15/11 and I really wanted to see that at the theater and missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal, I am right there with ya with Toy Story 3. And I too cried like a baby. I'm pretty sure Alex got a little misty eyed too lol. Also, thank you for loving Eat Pray Love! I thought it was so good, and really don't think you can go wrong with a Julia Roberts flick. I've read the book too and I think you will really like it, definitely makes you think about some things. Thanks for the movie updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that does it 2 ppl. liked Eat Pray Love so next week when Tim is in Jersey I shall rent it!
    Maybe I will get Megh to watch with me...lol.never! Also I and Katie cried in Toy Story 3..I think because it hit home with kids leaving and how that's not easy to let go for us parents! I still miss all my girls here! Get's me misty eyed just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts