Weekend Fun

Matt & I had a great weekend with the pal's - Megh, Adam & Nicka traveled over to Salina for some basketball, beer & generally good times. It definitely made our weekend fun & exciting! :-)

Sunday after everyone left, Matt & I washed our cars (and I did some damage control on the inside of my car...it looked as if a tornado had struck) and then went on a bike ride, and on what can only be described as a "Salina Mountain Hike" (which consisted of a two-minute hike up "The Rock", i.e. the tallest point in Salina, which really isn't that tall..). We rode on back home and decided to take Jade on a short walk because, let's face it, it was gorgeous outside and really there was no reason not to. On to movies...

After Jades walk, dinner, and cleaning up of dinner, we watched "The Men Who Stare At Goats". I give this an 8.5 out of 10 stars for the following reasons:
1. It was HILARIOUS! Eccentric, yes, but that made it even that more funny.
2. George Clooney was in it. Can't go wrong there.
3. It had a good story..I think. I'm not sure I completely understood the moral of the story, but it was in there somewhere. I'll watch it again and get back to you on that one..
4. The title. It has a way of reeling you in..
5. Great cast. Lots of good names & it paid off.

Unfortunately, Matt & I aren't going to make it to Maryville this weekend for Beth & Bry's birthday or for Easter. This upsets me, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. I'm singing with the Church Choir on Sunday (and I missed the last performance so I really needed to make this one) and Friday I'm getting my last-standing wisdom tooth pulled (again), so I think maybe I'll be doing you all a favor - I'm not sure I'll be terribly pleasant. :-D But we will see everyone for the MS walk on the 17th!

Two Weeks until my 5K - I ran 6 miles Saturday and it reallllllly wore me out. Clearly I need to be working a little harder to prepare!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Monday so far!

Rock Chalk,
Mal & Matt



Comments

Popular Posts