What's New In Salina, KS?

Well, the answer to my title would have to be: not a whole heck of a lot. It's been incredibly nice the past couple of day's here, so I've been taking Boo on some very long walks, which I'm sure she appreciates. I can finally walk her without her pulling me the whole time, so that's good news!

Matt wanted me to thank everyone for the funny birthday cards (strange that they're all about beer...haha). He treated himself for his birthday by getting a dent taken out of his car (every person's dream, right?!) and we're all going to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate.

Sis and Erin surprised me this past weekend by showing up at my doorstep and gracing me with their lovely presence! It was definitely the best surprise I've ever gotten, and definitely a needed visit from some familiar faces!! :-) We went out to dinner on Friday night and then went home and had some great girl chat - something Matt really enjoyed, I'm sure. Then they had to leave me on Saturday morning to get back to their lives, and I got some housework and homework done while Matt was at work..good times!

Birthday plans are set, and I'm super excited to get to see my friends in Topeka on Friday night!! I also can't wait to see the family on Saturday night in St. Jo - it seems like it's been years since I've seen everyone, though it's probably only been a couple of months.

Board meetings are going great. IMPACT is working on finding a logo and a town-hall meeting that will happen sometime in the next year. I'm on the sub committee to choose a logo so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. DVACK just met for the Festival of Trees committee (which you should all come to in November!) and got some ideas together for that. It was a fun night - we all brought food and chatted about different things, and collaborated ideas on how to change things for the better. It's exicting to get to know new people and finally feel like Salina's becoming home; corny, I know, but it's something that definitely needs to happen if I'm going to live here for a while!

Work's going great - Matt is continuing his training and doing well, I would say! Haha..but maybe my opinion is a little biased. School's going good as well. It's hard to believe that the semester is almost half over. It feels like I just started! I received a letter from JCCC that I'm set to graduate as long as I'm enrolled in the classes they listed - which I am, thank God!- so as long as nothing terrible happens this semester, I will be a degree-holder in a couple months! Yay for being done with school... The commencement ceremony, in case anyone is interested in knowing, is May 15th at 7:30 PM in the JCCC Auditorium.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to report for now - I'll get some pictures put up after this weekend and the next. Can't wait to see everyone!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
-Matt & Mal

Comments

Popular Posts