Dude or Dudette?

Hello lovelies!

Today I am back to work, which means we're back from vacation. I was incredibly sad to leave my family [there may have been a few tears on the car ride home], but luckily I have something to take my mind off the fact that I am back to reality:

SPROUT'S GENDER REVEAL!!!

Now, this process seemed somewhat complicated. I had it all mapped out in my head, but it seemed that no one else really grasped what I was trying to accomplish. 
I'll lay out the details for you:

Our 18-week sono was the Wednesday before we left. You might have saw the updated sono pic that I had to share. I invited my MIL & SIL to come with us. The sono tech was not allowed to say anything about the gender until we left the room - at that point she would tell the Matt's mom & sis. We were still clueless! 


I had this gender reveal card already made up along with all of the supplies they would need to put them together. After the sono, I made up the card "Inserts."

I made up enough of each insert to go in the cards. After that, I handed them over to the ladies, they secured the correct one on each card and sealed them in envelopes! 

Fast forward to Friday night and the hubs and I were headed East to start our vacation!! We were flying out Saturday afternoon to Puerto Rico [much, much more on that later. ;)]. 
The original plan was to open our gender reveal cards on Sunday night at our first cruise dinner. 
Then it got moved up to Saturday at the airport.
And eventually to Friday night before we even left.


As soon as we arrived, my sis was begging me to get the cards out. I was surprisingly calm and not at all impatient. At that point I was absolutely sure it was going to be William. 

We started dinner and my sister finally convinced me to get the darn things out. 
I made one for each couple; Mom & Dad, Megh & Adam, Matt & I, and one for my brother, Drew.

I started the countdown..
3.......
2.......
1.......
everyone open!

HOLY [expletive] IT'S A.........

[check my FB page later to see. I know, I know. The suspense is killing you.]

Comments

Popular Posts