"Let's Talk" Tuesday

I've never been the type of blogger who has the patience or stability to do a weekly blog based around a certain theme. My blog has always been an outlet for me to report on random subjects, be them important or not. 

So today, I'm going to randomly name this post "Let's Talk" Tuesday. Which in no way denotes the fact that I'm going to do this every Tuesday.
I simply ran out of ideas for post names. 


The other day, Matt told me he'd like to start running with me again. He used to run all the time before we were dating, but his knee started hurting and he sort of just gave it up. Totally understandable; running sucks as it is without the added pain in any part of your leg. So when he told me he wanted to start running again, I nearly peed from excitement. Running with someone else is so much better, and I'm a slow runner - as in, it's certainly plausible to assume someone with a broken leg could beat me at any given time - so it's perfect for him to get started again with me because I won't push him too hard. As we were running last night, I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only was I stopping less, but I was running at a faster pace. I set goals for us - i.e. "We'll run to Linda lane and walk until that church" - and we did about 2 miles. I sort of forgot that I should've taken it more easy on him since he hasn't ran in upwards of 6 years. Oops. 
-------------------------------------
We went to Lawrence this past weekend to hang with Phil & watch the game in the best town ever. We were going to stay in Lawrence and go out for St. Patty's Day shenanigans but we both had a little too much fun the night before, so neither of us were up for any sort of alcohol consumption. Friday night was a birthday party for a good friend in Topeka. It was a hella good time. Plus, our other buddy we worked with at Goodcent's just so happened to be watching the game in the bar across the street and we got to hang with him for a while. 
There's nothing better than a weekend centered around hanging out with friends. 
Sunday, we visited Freestate. We forgot it was St. Patty's day and there happened to be a parade going on down Mass St. So we only waited to be seated for, oh, an hour and a half....
It was totally worth it, I assure you. 
freestate always has centerpieces with fun facts that happened in that month.
this basically describes our weather patterns every year. 
------------------------------------
Matt was in Vegas last week from Monday - Thursday. I enjoyed the time alone, but I must admit I was incredibly happy to have him back, if only for the fact that I could finally get a good night's sleep. In his absence I was incredibly bored. I took it upon myself to fully learn one of my favorite songs on the piano, Brick by Ben Folds.  Now, when I was in middle school, my sister had a boyfriend who was a master at the piano. He knew the whole song, of course, and he taught me the main part rather quickly (since it's incredibly simple to learn). However, I never learned the chorus or the bridge, which makes for a very lonely song. I spent upwards of 10-15 hours total in the week perfecting that damn song. 
And by God, if I didn't get it learned. :)

-------------------------------------

M&I watched The Hobbit Sunday night. It was basically amazing.
Meanwhile, Lucy & Dex were snuggling.
they really should have their own tv series
-------------------------------------
I didn't use my incredibly expensive camera because...
well, sometimes I really enjoy not lugging it everywhere I go.



So that's pretty much it for me.
The last few weeks have been filled with family and friends, and frankly that's really all I'll ever need.
Big things are ahead for us and it's comforting to know that I will always have those two groups to fall back on.

As always, thanks for stickin' with me.
I know it's been quiet around here for the last month or so, but you'll get an explanation with time.
Until then -

Comments

Popular Posts