DIY: Jewelry Holder

Evening, good people.
Today, it appears I have the stomach flu.
Which, in case you were wondering, is not fun at all. 
But, like I told my friend earlier, if that's the worst thing that happens to me this week, I'll be doing pretty good. 

Yesterday was a busy day for me. My fitbit tracked close to 13,000 steps, if that tells you anything.
Two of my very best friends came to town to visit!
And yes, they enjoyed every second of the drive through central Kansas.
Did you even have to ask?

So I woke up at 8 and proceeded to clean the house from top to bottom, in a desperate attempt to get as much cat hair out of the house for the sake of Cole, who suffers from a cat hair allergy. 

In the midst of all the cleaning, I decided to take on a project I've been meaning to complete for months.
I bought a jewelry case from one of my friends a while back, and while I enjoy white, I wanted to paint it black to match the rest of the decor in my bathroom.
 First off, I took the glass & inserts out. And then taped paper in to protect the inside. 
 I sprayed a layer of primer and let it dry for 10 minutes or so. You're probably supposed to let it dry longer, but I have zero patience, so 10 minutes was all I could do.
 It took about 2 cans of black spray paint and about 4 layers, but I finally got it covered. 
After it dried for 20 minutes or so, I sprayed a top coat of clear acrylic to seal it.
 The last step was to convince my husband to secure it to the wall.
I think it turned out pretty well, especially for a last minute decision in the middle of an incredibly busy Saturday. 

The rest of the night was spent at Daimaru drinking beer and eating delicious food. 
And today, I laid around for most of the day out of necessity.

Hope you all had a great weekend. 
This is a short week for me - my little Bro is in the high school musical Thursday through Saturday and this girl's going to all three nights. I'll have a billion pictures to update you with this weekend.

Peace, love & Capri Sun.

Comments

  1. Nο diffiсulty - they аlsο take dish washing, ocean front properties, and table dancing (in accorԁancе
    tо the mеnu, which is entire of witty
    tіdbits. These гesources are regularly eхperiеnced in
    all kinds of ρropertіes, even all those
    that usually are not meant to be 'green'. Thе
    blood of pеορle who live a eveгyday life of eat, drіnk anԁ be merry іs standaгd and their respiгаtion is
    incгedіbly rapid.

    My wеb site: forno bravo pizza stone uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts