Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wedding Frenzy

Hello beautiful people. 

I'm exhausted.
Not sleepy, just my body being all like, "I give up."

This weekend we traveled to the north edge of the US to witness my beautiful cousin get married.
When I say "beautiful" cousin, I mean it. 
You'll see why later.

I left work a little early on Friday to head to Topeka for my brother's senior night. The rents had to walk him down the track as they announced each of the seniors in the band, football team, track, and volleyball. It took a while, but it was neat to see my little bro walk that track.
I cannot believe he's a senior.
It's very upsetting.

After that, we had to leave right away to head to Wyoming.
The original plan was for me, mom & dad to switch off driving, but my father's a stubborn, stubborn man, so he drove the whole way. 

I got at least 5 hours of sleep, thank God.
I cannot run on no sleep. I'm not one of those people who used to pull all-nighter's in college. I need sleep.
Otherwise, I'm a wretched person.

So basically, we listened to an 80's & 90's country station [awesome], sang along to songs I haven't heard in over a decade, and talked about a ton of incredibly random stuff. 

Dad had a run-in with a hitch-hiker who had made a rest stop his permanent home.
Which was ironic, since mom and I had wondered aloud if we were going to get murdered at the rest stop, it being three in the morning in BFE.

We made it to Hulett, WY at 7 am on Saturday morning. 
This is what I said:
There's nothing that can convey the magical moment of getting somewhere you really wanted to be like a quote from Harry & Lloyd. 

Excuse me while I laugh for 5 minutes..
Alright, I'm back.

So dad slept for a few hours, 
I drank a cup of coffee [I hate coffee] in sheer desperation, 
and mom, having slept only a couple hours in the car, kept on truckin'.
She has super powers.

Sarah, Beth, Megh & I all went to the barn to finish up decorations. It was friggin' freezing, but we pulled through. The barn was insanely gorgeous. It was such a cool backdrop for a wedding. Perfect for Sarah & Joe's personalities, too.

We got back to the hotel and I finally got to shower and get the car grime off of me. 
It was magical.
And then we all had to leave right away to get back to the barn for the ceremony.

I'll let the pictures take it from here, you'll get the gist.

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

And then we headed home Sunday morning, prepared for another 11 hour drive.
This time, I had my P.I.C. sitting with me in the back.
We were silly for pretty much the whole ride.

Here are some of the sights along the way:

These were taken from the car, so don't judge.
The dinosaur is my favorite.

Who wouldn't brag about an 80 ft. dinosaur?

So we finally got back to Topeka at 8ish on Sunday night, and I hopped right back into the clown car and headed home.
I made it back around 10 because the race traffic held me up right outside of Topeka [oh boy..], but I was just glad to be back. I nearly kissed the hard wood floor when I got inside.
But I didn't.
I wasn't that happy.

To mark off another HUGE task on our to-do list, we closed on both houses on Monday morning.
It was an effortless closing, and we even got a check back.
It was beautiful.

This week I'm focusing on checking more crap off my list. I've got what feels like an endless supply of bats to make, shoes to paint, and boxes to unpack.
I need to get that stuff done before I explode.

So that's that, kids.
I hope you all had a great weekend and start to your week!
It's almost already half over. Crazy!

Next up: Neewollah.
Pictures to follow [duh].

Peace out, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.