moving sucks.

I know, I shouldn't complain. We did this to ourselves.
But no one is going to disagree with me;
moving BLOWS.

I'm to the point where I'm just excited to move our crap into the new house, and start fresh.
Even though I LOVE [lovelovelovelove] our house now, it's always exciting starting new.

The downside to moving is that my house has looked like this:
 for, like...two months straight.
And it's only getting worse.

I volunteered my garage spot so that we can start staging all of the boxes in the garage.
Ideally, my husband would've been all,
"oh, no dear, it's getting cold, I'll park outside."
but we don't live in an ideal world, do we?

He loves his car like it's one of his children.
God forbid it get frost on it.
Cars weren't made to be weather-proof, after all.
[currently drowning in sarcasm]

I'll survive.

There's another downside to moving, as well.
Halloween decorations!!

They're all packed in boxes. 
NOT okay.

I LOVE decorating for Halloween.
Look at the cute flower arrangement I made up:
yeah, mr. skeleton is missing an arm. what of it?
Guess who gets to appreciate it's beauty?
A CROWD OF CARDBOARD.

I think that *might* be the first thing I do when we start getting the boxes to the new house.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be. 
I'm decorating for Halloween immediately.

I'm excited to see my parents this weekend, since it's been like two weeks and we never go longer than two weeks without seeing each other.
Even though I'm putting them to work when they get here.
[there will be a reward in the form of beer/margaritas, worry not]

Things I'm excited for in the new house:
new paint
new comforter
new dining room table
new appliances
a sidewalk leading directly to a park
a well
a cul-de-sac
a housewarming party [out of the many moves, we've never had one!]
a bathroom in the basement
hardwood floors
a BATHTUB in my master bathroom!
blue walls
gray walls
neighbors that are approximately two feet away [the houses are a little close together..]
throwing more of our crap out when I unpack
the piano being UPSTAIRS!
tuning the piano..
a tv in my kitchen!
and most notably:
a much smaller mortgage payment
[hoots & hollers & dancing]

Alright, kids. Enough randomness. I'll keep you abreast of the situation with a disastrous amount of pictures.
You can count on it.

Comments

Popular Posts