Happy 2012!

Goood morning, beautiful people.

Since I blogged last I have,
  • Finished two books, True Believer, by the wonderful Nicholas Sparks and The Hunger Games, Book 1, by Suzanne Collins [a genius]
  • Rang in  a new year
  • Put away Christmas decorations
  • Watched Water for Elephants
  • Ate some pizza
  • Exercised
  • Not cleaned
  • Slept. A lot.
I'll begin with the last one. Yesterday I laid around all day. I'm not even exaggerating. I laid around all. day. long.

It was beautiful.
And I watched The Help again, because...well, it's awesome.
And about 10 episodes of Friends.
And then finished The Hunger Games before I went to sleep.
I don't even feel bad.

Yes, I finished my Nicholas Sparks book and may I just say that it was fantastic and had an amazing ending. After that I started on The Hunger Games and could hardly put it down.

I'm excited for part 2 [and 3!]. That I will start reading tonight.

Water for Elephants was brilliant. Matt didn't like it because some of the animals in it got hurt, but it all comes together in the end. Definitely suggest watching that one.

I took down Christmas decor on Saturday and intended on cleaning Sunday [there's a ton of glitter hanging out in the carpet] but needless to say, that didn't happen.

Saturday night we headed over to Doug & Jo's for New Year's Eve. It was a fun time, though I was sad I missed the domino's game in Maryville. :)

Matt & I start our PS-MAPP classes at TFI Family services on the 9th. It's a 10-week course that prepares you for fostering. We've been told that by the end of the class we'll know if it's the right decision for us, what types of children [age, sex, mental/physical disability] we will take, and what to expect with the fostering process. I'm pretty anxious to get the class started to learn more and see if it's the right move for us.


So,
2012.
Weird.

I'm back to that whole constantly-getting-the-date-wrong thing. It should only last a month or two.

And I'm prepared for the gym to be packed. Damn New Year's resolutions. Thankfully, that should only last a month or two as well.


I have several goals for this year, some of them I'm keeping to myself. The ones I will tell you:
  • read more
  • learn some baby sign language [only because of max]
  • be productive at work
They're simple, but important [to me anyway].

I hope you all had a fantastic New Year's Eve & Day. Here's to a spectacular 2012!

ROCK CHALK, BABY!

Comments

  1. Mal if you liked True Believer then you should read the sequel At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks! I couldn't put either of them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that from multiple people, I will definitely have to read it after I finish the Hunger Games series! (I can't put those darn books down!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts