Killing 8 Birds With One Stone

Yes, these next few months are going to be a doozy.
I'm already dreading them being over because I know they're going to be a BLAST - and I don't want them to fly by like I'm sure they will.

So far, I've already had a busy last couple of weekends. Of course, as I reported a few days ago, I traveled to KC two weekends ago for some good old fashioned fun.

This last weekend we decided to rough it and camp at Milford lake. (See pictures below)
Alright, alright, you caught me - we didn't rough it at all. My parents brought their giant, amazing camper (with air conditioning, a toilet & shower, and enough beds to house 14 people). Doug wanted to get the boat out one last time before it sold (yeah, I sold it for him on eBay - and did pretty good if I do say so myself. He actually managed to make profit!). The weather was perfect - flippin' hot & sunny with barely any wind (On Saturday, anyway). Friday night we cooked turkey burgers & hot dogs, and everyone enjoyed my classy pasta salad (that I guilted them all into eating). Saturday we all took turns out on the boat, as well as running errands. (I carried 40 pounds of ice to the camper on what seemed like a uphill, 50-mile hike. It was really only a quarter of a mile..)

Sunday, as usual, I was unmotivated to do much of anything. We came home and caught up on some shows & then headed over to Doug & Jo's to celebrate Mother's Day with Jo. Matt helped Doug move some more boxes into pods and I laid on the couch like a lazy bum watching Golf.

And last night; I headed to Topeka after work at around 4 to watch my young stud of a brother in his last Show Choir concert of the year. It was AWESOME! They did such a great job and I was oober impressed with the entire concert in general. (See pictures below)

Megh & I almost had a "church" moment when she started giggling and then I joined in. The culprit of such giggle-fit was the lady sitting behind me with a video camera that she was clearly inept to operate. It kept beeping loudly in my ear, and then she kept talking about what was wrong with it. Meanwhile, I'm about to grab the camera and throw it against the concrete wall 10 feet to my left. Thankfully, after the third group that performed was done, she decided to throw in the towel, therefore allowing my blood pressure to lower & her to have a camera still in one piece leaving the auditorium.

And when I finally got home last night at around 10:30ish, Matt's friend Tyler was hanging out at the house, which was flippin' awesome because we hadn't seen him in a looong time. A much overdue visit.

So that's about all I have to report. I had an AMAZING weekend & am reminded, once again, at the amazing family and friends I have to keep me entertained! I cannot imagine what I would do without them!!

Can't wait to see you all this weekend & I hope that you are enjoying the surface-of-the-sun temperatures as much as I am.

Lots of love &
Rock Chalk Jayhawks

Mal

Side-note: You might notice the overly dramatic pictures of my darling sister, Meghan, in the lake photo album. This is an example of my wonderful photography work and I just wanted to say this: You're welcome.
And also, we were not being serious. Please do not mistake our strange humor for awkward seriousness.

Comments

Popular Posts