Kansas Marathon

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." 


I like this quote. It brings all of the hours, miles, and pain I've spent running back into perspective. I'm very nervous about the race on Sunday. It being my first half marathon I have this terrifying feeling of not finishing, not going fast enough, not this, not that, blah blah blah. 
But it all comes down to this: I am included in the very small percentage of nut-jobs who will run 13.1 miles for the hell of it.  Not a lot of people can say that. 
I'm not doing this for anyone except myself. 

So I'm saying right now that my goal time is unlimited. I just want to cross that finish line with the biggest smile on my face that I can muster & the feeling in my heart that I've trained my ass off (literally) to get there. 
If I finish in two and a half hours, fine. If I finish in three, whatever. I finished. And I'm sure I'll be in so much pain that Matt will have to put me on a furniture dolly to haul my broken butt out of there, but I won't care. 

The point? I'm putting all of my fears aside and just running. I'm proud of me for doing something I never dreamed I would do.

******************************

On another note - 
I can't WAIT to see everyone this weekend!!! Team Tassi is going to rock the MS walk once again.

That's all I've got to say about that.

Comments

Popular Posts