"Oh Yes, I'm Quite the Woodsman."

This weekend Matt & I headed west about an hour to Wilson Lake for our friend, Claire's birthday. It was a hot son-of-a-gun, but we still managed to have a fabulous time!!

We left Friday afternoon when Matt & Phil got off work. We got to the campsite around 7pm, set up our tents, and then headed out onto the lake with the boat. We stayed out until the sun went down, the headed back in for some dinner. Phil cooked some hot dogs by the fire that tasted so delish!! We were all so starving that I'm pretty sure we would've thought anything tasted like a gourmet meal..haha!!

Saturday we were all out on the boat from about 11-4. We stayed in the water most of the time because it was so hot, but it was a gorgeous day outside. After that, we all went back to the campsite for some chicken on the fire (compliments of Chef Phil, again!). We went back on the boat later that night as well and closed down the lake again.

We left early Sunday to get back and clean up the boat & Yukon. It was such a great weekend, but I was completely exhausted by the end of it!! All that heat & sun was a lot for the body to digest, but we all survived! My phone, however, did not. I woke up Saturday morning to my phone screen filled with water. Needless to say, it did not turn on. I am still in the market for a new one, but I should be set up today.

Not too much going on this week; I'm just hoping to make it through Monday.



















I hope everyone has a great start to their week!!!

Rock Chalk,
Mal & Matt

Comments

  1. Looks like a good time, my camera suffered the same fate as your phone. I wasn't too upset, it was a pretty crappy camera to begin with. I was half hoping it would die so I could get a new one. Hopefully the memory card is salvageable though, I had quite a few pictures on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex and i were just talking about how we wish we would have done some camping this summer! looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it was so fun!! We should all go out sometime when it's not a billion degrees outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your phone. At least your husband didn't lose is wedding ring in the river. (Yup...I'm speaking from experience. *tear*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's a bummer, Gina!! I didn't even bring my rings on the trip for that reason; I tend to lose things!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts