My First 5K!!

Yesterday I ran my first 5K in Olathe. It was such an amazing experience; I tried to take in as much as I could while it was happening!! There were a ton of people there, most of whom were incredibly fit, as I'm sure you could imagine. Nick & his sister Katie ran the half marathon that started at 7, and I ran a half and hour later at 7:30. Here's a few snapshots from the day:
Me, Nick & Katie^

Looking a little too excited....^

Just after finishing!^

Crossing that blessed finish line!!^


After the race, we headed back to Topeka & then on to Milford lake with the camper. It was such a gorgeous day for camping & we had a really great time!! (maybe a little too much fun)

^
Please - try not to get too turned on by my husband's midriff showing.

Drew created some sort of spear which we were worried he might actually use to whip the boys into shape..^

Note Drew in the background about too pounce on Adam with his spear..^

Tomorrow I'm going to start training for my next race in Maryville on June 12th!! Can't wait!

I hope you guys have a great rest of the weekend & have a fantastic Monday tomorrow!

Rock Chalk,

Mal

Comments

  1. Ha. I love that too happy picture! You should be happy!!! I also enjoy the pic of you and Adam with devilish Drew in the background. Fun times. Round 2 this weekend. WHAT WHAT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Love to hear 'em.

Popular Posts